Are you looking to become a notary public or do you have questions about being a notary public?
A notary public is someone who has been appointed by law to serve the public. A notary’s main jobs are to administer oaths and affirmations, witness and authenticate the execution of certain documents, and take affidavits and declarations, to name a few.
At Rice Insurance, LLC we can help you with your Washington Notary Bond Appointment:
- Your first notary public appointment
- Renewal of your expired notary bond
- Renewing a bond you obtained from another company
- Notary public bonding and licensing questions
If you are going through the process to obtain your notary public appointment, it is broken down into three easy steps:
- Fill out a DOL Notary Bond Appointment packet and return it to our office. You can call or email us to receive your packet.
- Upon receipt of your new bond, you will sign and return it to us so we can handle the remaining steps of your notary appointment.
- Once you have received your bond and license, you will get a notary stamp made from your local office supply store.
If you are renewing your bond you obtained from another insurance company:
Never had your bond through Rice Insurance, but have recently been a notary? Not a problem. There’s less paperwork to fill out, but the same cost. We walk you through the steps and help you along the way. Call or email to get started.
If you are up for renewal and wondering about protocol:
Renewals are now handled directly through RLI Insurance Company. 54 days prior to your renewal date you will receive a renewal notice direct bill from RLI. If necessary they will send you a second reminder 30 days prior to your bond expiring. You will need to pay this bill with RLI in order to renew. You should receive your renewed bond 2 weeks after your payment has been sent. Please contact Rice Insurance, LLC with any questions you may have about the renewal process.
Send the copy of your new signed bond, the $30 renewal fee, and the bottom tear-off portion of the DOL renewal certificate to the state:
Notary Public Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401
Still have questions about your notary bond?
Contact us for further assistance.